Becoming a Fundraising Volunteer
We are always looking for people to help us with our fundraising. Unfortunately fundraising is becoming increasingly important to us due to funding cutbacks and freezing. We try to make getting involved in our fundraising events as much fun as possible so that people feel there is a social element to it to.
We try to run a number of events every year, see upcoming events below:
We also welcome fresh ideas and fresh legs!! So if you have a fundraising idea please contact us on 071 91 71188 or email@example.com.
Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan Fundraising Public Compliance Statement
We at the Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan are committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and have formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the governing body. We commit to doing this by;
Confirming our commitment to the principles set out in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising by a statement to that effect in its annual report.
- Having Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Regularly monitoring compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and compliance reports are received regularly by the governing body.
- Considering the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- Having a policy on working with third party fundraisers (if applicable).
- Providing honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- Appointing a member of the governing body and/or a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- Ensuring that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- Having a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Feedback is recorded for review by relevant staff including the Coordinator and governing body. Feedback is responded to promptly and appropriately.
- Preparing financial reports consistent with the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 which include a statement concerning the extent to which control of the organisation is independent of its funding sources.
- Ensuring that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
- Being accessible to the public through post, email, free phone.
Further information on the Fundraising principles can be found on the ICTR website